Presented by: Bob Hartwig, IBA Legal Counsel
- Real estate lending administrative rules.
- Iowa law regarding allowable fees, costs and restrictions for residential real estate loans in Iowa.
- Iowa consumer default procedures including fair debt collection practices laws.
- Loans to one borrower rules.
- Insider lending under Fed Reserve Reg O.
- Iowa law regarding prepayment penalties.
- Revised Iowa Consumer Credit Code Provisions.
- Right of Setoff under Iowa law.
- Loan documentation law – UCC Article 9, including:
- Fundamental procedures, terms and definitions.
- Purchase money security interests and priority.
- UCC update covering changes to individual debtor names.
- Ag liens and their relation to the Iowa UCC and enforcement issues.
- How to properly secure and perfect collateral – including collateral outside of the UCC.
- Mandatory farm mediation in Iowa.
- Compliance with Federal Food Security Act – notice to buyers of farm products.
- Lender liability in Iowa.
- Remote Notarization Laws
October 12, 2021 | King’s Pointe Resort, Storm Lake
October 13, 2021 | Courtyard by Marriott, Ankeny
October 14, 2021 | Marriott Hotel, Cedar Rapids
Questions: Contact Maggie Feldmann.