Brad Lane of Security Savings Bank to chair IBA board of directors
JOHNSTON, Iowa (Sept. 24, 2019) – The Iowa Bankers Association recently elected officers and directors to serve on its 2019-20 board of directors. These leaders assumed their roles during the IBA Annual Convention, held on Sept. 22-24 in Des Moines.
Officers for the IBA executive committee are as follows:
- Brad Lane, at Security Savings Bank in Gowrie, will be chair of the board.
- Aaron Kness, at Iowa State Bank & Trust in Fairfield, will serve as chair-elect.
- Peg Scott, at Union State Bank in Greenfield, will serve as past chair of the board.
- Matt Lujano, at Westside State Bank in Westside, will be treasurer.
- John Sorensen, IBA president and CEO, will continue to serve as secretary of the board.
Officers were nominated and approved by IBA member banks from across the state. The IBA executive committee leads the board of directors, which is responsible for setting policy and overseeing the general operation of the IBA.
Also serving on the 2019-20 IBA board of directors are:
- Mary Kay Bates, at Bank Midwest in Spirit Lake, representing the northwest region.
- Erik Skovgard, at Lincoln Savings Bank in Reinbeck, representing the northeast region.
- Tony Kaska, at Midwest Heritage Bank in West Des Moines, representing the central region.
- Greg Gannon, at DeWitt Bank & Trust Company in DeWitt, representing the east region.
- Kevin Campbell, at The Shelby County State Bank in Harlan, representing the southwest region.
- Miles Gaston, at Libertyville Savings Bank in Fairfield, representing the southeast region.
- Abram Tubbs, at Ohnward Bancshares in Maquoketa, serving as member-at-large.
- Brett Smith, at Wells Fargo Bank in Des Moines, serving as member-at-large.
- Mike Wilson, at Bankers Trust in Des Moines, serving as member-at-large.