Student winners each received a $1,000 scholarship to the college of their choice
JOHNSTON, IOWA (Nov. 21, 2022) — Seven Iowa high school seniors received a 2022 Iowa Bankers Association Student Athlete Achievement Award during the Iowa high school state football championships held Nov. 17-18 in Cedar Falls. One student from each class was presented with a $1,000 scholarship from the IBA to the college of his choice.
Scholarship recipients include:
- Eight Player: Braden Wells, Newell-Fonda High School, Newell
- Class A: Carter Black, Woodbury Central Community School, Moville
- Class 1A: Isaac Kacmarynski, Pella Christian High School, Pella
- Class 2A: Gabe Winterrowd, OABCIG High School, Ida Grove
- Class 3A: Bradley Curren, Harlan High School, Harlan
- Class 4A: Tyler Gayer, Waverly-Shell Rock High School, Waverly
- Class 5A: Jack Moore, Dowling Catholic High School, West Des Moines
Scholarship recipients are selected each year based on their academic performance, athletic participation, leadership skills and community involvement.
“These high school seniors are leaders on their teams and in their communities, and we’re thrilled to recognize them for their achievements,” said Tara Deering-Hansen, the IBA’s vice president of marketing and communications. “Iowa bankers have long supported financial literacy and are especially committed to helping their community neighbors reach their financial goals. Our hope is that after graduation, these scholarship recipients will continue to use their skills and talents right here in our Iowa communities.”
For three decades, the IBA has sponsored the Student Athlete Achievement Award program, which has grown to honor student athletes in football, basketball and wrestling. The IBA has awarded more than $295,000 in scholarships since the program began.
The recorded scholarship presentations can be viewed on the IBA Facebook page.