We will look at the red flags and scenarios for Elder Abuse, Identity Theft, Business Email Compromise Schemes, and Human Trafficking. We will look at the misuse of POAs, Cash, Fake Emails, Romantic Scams, and more. Learn what the response of your financial institution should be when these activities hit our accounts and our customers. Two of the most disturbing crimes in our country involve harm to those who are being smuggled into the country and those who are exploited by human trafficking. Learn how big the crime is in the US and what our response should be. Learn what the differences in these two crimes are and how we can detect these criminals in the banking system.
What You’ll Learn
- Red Flags for Elder Abuse
- Privacy Issues in Elder Fraud
- Romantic Scams, POAs, debit card abuse in elders
- Identity Theft programs
- Use of ITIN after SSN
- Stealing purses and writing bad checks is back
- How to detect bad identification
- New Cyber Crimes on the New SAR are focused on business email attacks and compromises
- Learn how good wire procedures can prevent this
- What is human trafficking?
- What is human smuggling?
- What are the red flags for each of these crimes?
- How can we respond as a financial intuition?
- Learn how your customers hide and disguise transactions
- Filing Suspicious Activity Reports
Who Should Attend
All branch personnel, tellers, new accounts, loan officers, and call centers who help and protect our customers need to take this course.