JOHNSTON, IOWA (Nov. 20, 2023) — Seven Iowa high school seniors received a 2023 Iowa Bankers Association Student Athlete Achievement Award during the Iowa high school state football championships held Nov. 16-17 in Cedar Falls. One student from each class was presented with a $1,000 scholarship from the IBA to the college of his choice.
Scholarship recipients include:
- Eight Player: Silas Walston, Bedford Community High School, Bedford
- Class A: Payton Jacobe, AC/GC High School, Guthrie Center
- Class 1A: Caden Trainor, Sumner-Fredericksburg High School, Sumner
- Class 2A: Austin Baumhover, Van Meter High School, Van Meter
- Class 3A: Keegan Hisler, Webster City High School, Webster City
- Class 4A: Briten Maxwell, Glenwood High School, Glenwood
- Class 5A: Tate Bakula, Cedar Falls High School, Cedar Falls
Scholarship recipients are selected each year based on their academic performance, athletic participation, leadership skills and community involvement.
“The Iowa Bankers Association is proud to recognize these remarkable high school seniors that are leaders on their teams, in the classroom and in their community,” said Jenica Lensmeyer, the IBA’s vice president of marketing and industry relations. “As long-time supporters of financial literacy, Iowa bankers and are committed to helping Iowans reach their financial goals. We know that these scholarship recipients have a bright future, and we hope that they will continue to contribute to Iowa communities following graduation.”
For three decades, the IBA has sponsored the Student Athlete Achievement Award program, which has grown to honor student athletes in football, basketball and wrestling. The IBA has awarded more than $300,000 in scholarships since the program began.
The recorded scholarship presentations can be viewed on the IBA Facebook page.
***Photos available upon request.***