This webinar will cover the compliance requirements and best practices for Adverse Action Notices under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
When a lender takes adverse action against an applicant the natural instinct is to want to get it off their desk as quickly as possible and move on to a loan(s) they can make. There’s nothing wrong with that but Regulation B and the Fair Credit Reporting Act do have something to say about it. In other words, you don’t want to move on before you meet the necessarily compliance requirements.
Join Jerod Moyer as he walks you through the who, what, when, where and how of adverse action and denial notices. Get on the right track so you don’t get in trouble with examiners!
- Consumer & Non-Consumer Notification Requirements
- Notices of Incompleteness
- Counteroffers and Withdrawals
- Indirect Lending Requirements
- Credit Score Notifications
- Multiple Applicant Requirements
- Timing and Record Retention Requirements
- Fair Lending Hot Spots
- Interpretations, Guidance & Best Practices
Who Should Attend?
This webinar is designed for consumer and commercial loan officers, loan processors, compliance, audit and other loan operations personnel.