Many customers use trusts to plan for their estate, family, taxes, etc.
When opening these special accounts, you need to know about proper documentation, CIP, and signature card responsibilities. You must also understand the trustee(s) authority and duties and your bank’s responsibility and liability. This webinar will cover standard trust-opening procedures and many “dos and don’ts” that arise as trusts and account holder situations change. We will look at state specific issues including LDPS on trust accounts.
- What is the difference between an informal and formal trust?
- How is CIP (Customer Identification Program) accomplished on a trust?
- How are signature card contracts styled and what disclosures are given?
- Is there a difference in how the account is opened depending on whether a trust is revocable or irrevocable? Whose TIN is used? Does it matter?
- Who are the key players in a trust?
- What happens if a trustee dies? What documentation is needed and what happens if the trust becomes irrevocable?
- Who is the payee when depositing, opening, or closing a trust?
- Can there be a power-of-attorney with a trust?
- What happens if a trustee’s name changes?
- What if a financial institution closes? How is the trust insured?
- How can a trust be set up with an existing account holder?
- Should a trust have joint owners on the account?
- Can you have two trusts in one account set-up as joint WROS?
- Can trusts be amended, changed, or revoked? What paperwork is involved?
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will be useful for new customer representatives, customer service representatives, call center representatives, Branch administration, branch operations, branch managers, compliance, BSA and anyone who opens new accounts.
Live Plus Five – $265
Register for the live event and get five days access to the OnDemand Playback. You’ll have opportunity to ask questions during the presentation and be free to review the content for the next five business days. Registration also includes links to presenter materials, handouts, and pdfs.
OnDemand Recording Only – $295
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6-months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts. Does not include live session.
CD-ROM and Hardcopy Handouts – $345
CD-ROM plus Hardcopy Handouts. Does not include live session.
Live Plus Six – $365
Attend live; includes six months access to OnDemand playback. Combine the advantages of live attendance with an unlimited number of replays for the next six months.
Premier Package – $395
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-ROM plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Want your branches to participate? Facilities within your organization will be able to participate without the travel costs of coming to one location.