Overdrafts continue to be a hot button issue with examiners as there has been a shift in mentality from “informing” consumers about their overdrafts to “protecting” them from excessive overdrafts. In late 2021, the CFPB fired several warning shots by issuing two separate reports, one on institutions’ overdraft reliance and one on overdraft fee amounts and policies. While the reports were full on a lot of statistics, it signaled the CFPBs promise to enhance enforcement in this area. It’s imperative you are aware of the current regulatory requirements, guidance and expectations to keep your bank out of trouble!
- Hot Spots, The Latest Guidance, Best Practices & Expectations
- Available vs. Ledger Balances, Debit Card Holds & Multiple Fee Issues
- Approved Positive Transactions that Settle Negative
- Customer Communications & System Oversight
- Regulatory Exam Feedback
- Management & Frontline Oversight
- UDAAP Angles
- Your Questions & Much More!
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for the frontline, management, compliance officers, auditors, risk managers and/or other operations personnel.