The last three years have seen the most substantial changes to IRAs since 2002. And it seems like the IRS is not finished making up their minds. Since 2020, we have seen the SECURE Act, in 2022 the Proposed Regulations changing many provisions of the SECURE Act, the IRS Notice 2022-53 that postponed some of those provisions, and then, in the beginning of this year, the SECURE Act 2.0. All of these changes have created nothing but mass confusion – especially when it comes to beneficiary payout options.
What You’ll Learn
- What is the difference between a Qualified Plan to IRA Rollover vs. an IRA to IRA Rollover?
- When is an IRA to IRA movement considered a Transfer and not a Rollover?
- What distribution codes do we use for pre-59.5 penalty exceptions?
- What IRA owners are affected by the increase in RMD age from 72 to 73?
- How do the three new categories of beneficiaries affect payout options?
- What are the nine biggest mistakes when paying out to a beneficiary?
- When does a non-spouse beneficiary have to take an annual death distribution prior to the 10-year close-out date?
Who Should Attend
Experienced personnel who would like to keep updated on the latest release of IRS rules and how to proceed forward, this is the class you will absolutely need to attend.