Community Reinvestment Act: The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Reserve Board and the Comptroller of the Currency published a proposed rule on May 5, 2022 to revise the CRA regulations. Comment period expired on August 5, 2022. A final rule is expected in 2023. This program provides a review of the basic requirements of CRA and its implementing regulations.
What You’ll Learn
- Existing, proposed, and revised performance tests, standards, and ratings
- Assessment area delineation under the current rule and the new facility-based and deposit-based methods
- New concepts such as retail deposits, retail lending product lines, and qualifying activities lists
- Evaluation concepts such as CRA Evaluation Measures, geographic distribution tests, and borrower distribution tests
- Current data collection requirements and the expanded requirements under the proposed and final rules
- Community Development activities under the current, proposed, and revised regulations
- The status of “intermediate small banks.” Will the category continue to exist?
- How small is a “small bank” under existing ($1.305 billion) and proposed regulations ($600 million)
- A review of the CRA Questions and Answers, exam results, and CRA agreements
- Public file requirements
- The status of the proposed and final revisions to the regulations
Who Should Attend
Whether new to the requirements of the CRA and its regulations or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive review of the rapidly changing requirements of the CRA program and is designed for loan officers, compliance officers, CRA officers, loan department staff, bank counsel, and auditors.