You are or want to be the Compliance Officer – Now what? Compliance touches every aspect of banking – from product and service development, delivery, maintenance, servicing, and cessation. Yet, there is little training or orientation to what is involved in being a Compliance Officer, Manager, Specialist or Analyst.
How to be a Compliance Officer is a question that looms over most compliance professionals. There are lists of what a compliance officer should do without much insight as to How.
This three-day workshop seminar will provide detailed insight on what you should be doing and how to do it to be an effective Compliance Officer. Combining lecture, written materials, breakout sessions and mini workshops, the Compliance Officer Boot Camp is very helpful whether you are new to compliance or have been moving through the motions of compliance for years.
During the Compliance Officer Boot Camp, some of the key workshop exercises include HOW to: Research and review regulations; Create a risk assessment; Draft and review compliance policies; Collaboration tips to partner with the front line/operations; Create a training schedule; Create a compliance monitoring/audit checklist leveraging resources at your fingertips; Draft a Compliance Audit Report to satisfy the Board, Operations and Examiners; Create a Complaint Management Program; and wrapping it up with Risk Assessing your Compliance Risk Management Program! We will also highlight the Three Lines of Defense (3LOD), Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) and Change Management!
Whether you have consumer compliance or BSA/AML responsibilities, the Compliance Officer Boot Camp is for you!
During Compliance Officer Boot Camp we will cover:
- Introduction to Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)
- Compliance Management Systems Defined
- What is compliance
- Types of Risk
- Regulatory requirements and expectations
- Finding and Understanding the Applicable Laws, Rules, Regulations, Guidance
- How to read a regulation, statute, guidance
- How to conduct research and build your library
- Key regulations: Brief highlight
- Common federal regulations citation/highlight and acronym resource
- Building Your Compliance Risk Management Program (CRMP)
- Function and Purpose
- Board of Directors and Management Oversight
- Comprehension, Identification, and Management of Risk
- Third-Party Risk Management
- Three Lines of Defense Model
- Self-Identification and Corrective Action
- Violations of Law and Consumer Harm
- Consumer Compliance Program (CP)
- Reviewing Policies & Procedures for Compliance
- What’s required? Recommended?
- Compliance Training: Methods, Schedules, and Tips
- Who’s Monitoring and How?
- What should be monitored?
- Conducting Reviews and Analysis
- Transaction testing by the numbers
- Risk Assessing findings
- Communicating findings
- How to write one report to meet the needs of the Board, Operations & Examiners
- Corrective action
- Complaint Management Program
- What is a complaint? What is not a complaint?
- Managing Compliance
- Regulatory Change Management
- Risk Assessing Your Compliance Risk Management Program
- Consumer Compliance Rating System (CC Rating System)
- Explore Presentation Skills and Influencing Management
- Collaborating with operations
- Getting management’s attention
- Resources, Resources and More Resources!
- In addition to templates and tools, we will provide a list of valuable resources that are available for free to assist compliance staff.
Who should attend:
This Compliance Officer Boot Camp will be of value to compliance officers, auditors, managers, specialists, and analysts as well as operations staff and management as they face compliance issues each day on the front line.
The program will be taught by Leah Hamilton, Director with FORVIS.
Tuesday, August 29 – 10:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday, August 30 – 8:00am – 4:30pm
Thursday, August 31 – 8:00am – 3:00pm
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn, 8600 Northpark Drive in Johnston. Use the link below to reserve your room or call the hotel at 515-270-8890 and ask for the IBA Compliance Boot Camp block to receive the rate of $119/night.