Presented by: Dickinson Law Firm, Des Moines
- Real estate lending administrative rules and recent updates
- Iowa law regarding allowable fees, costs and restrictions for residential real estate loans in Iowa.
- Iowa consumer default procedures including fair debt collection practices laws.
- Loans to one borrower rules.
- Insider lending under Fed Reserve Reg O.
- Iowa law regarding prepayment penalties.
- Revised Iowa Consumer Credit Code Provisions.
- Right of Setoff under Iowa law.
- Loan documentation law – UCC Article 9, including:
- Fundamental procedures, terms and definitions.
- Purchase money security interests and priority.
- UCC update covering changes to individual debtor names.
- Ag liens and their relation to the Iowa UCC and enforcement issues.
- How to properly secure and perfect collateral – including collateral outside of the UCC.
- Ag lending updates and mandatory farm mediation in Iowa.
- Entities registering with FINCEN
- Lender liability in Iowa.
- Case Study/Studies – actual loan transaction(s) identifying common problems, issues, and areas of communication for the lender
- Litigation – recent cases that impact lending/collections
Questions: Contact IBA’s Hannah Sloan