This seminar will provide the banker with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers.
The session will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal 1040 tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
The remainder of the seminar will cover the following advanced tax topics related to business clients:
- Corporate tax Issues including business structure, Section 179 depreciation, and bonus depreciation
- Investments including capital gain/loss issues and passive activities
- Real estate issues including personal residence, rentals, home offices, and 1031 tax-free exchanges
- Employer provided benefits including Qualified Retirement Plans and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement planning strategies including Defined Benefit (DB) plans
- Estate planning issues including gifting
- Year-end tax strategies
- Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners including the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), the CARES Act, and proposed tax legislation
Target Audience: Commercial lenders, credit analysts, relationship managers, credit administrators