The session will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions.
What You’ll Learn
- The remainder of the seminar will cover the following “advanced” tax topics related to business clients:
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
- Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Personal Residence, Rentals, Home Offices, and 1031 Tax-Free Exchanges
- Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” (DB) Plans
- Estate Planning Issues including Gifting
- Year-End Tax Strategies
- Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA), CARES Act, ARP Act, Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, and proposed tax legislation
Who Should Attend
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers.