Environmental due diligence is an important risk management tool in the underwriting and closing of commercial real estate loans. This webinar will cover the environmental aspects of the OCC’s risk management guidelines for commercial real estate lending as well as their practical implications for your bank.
What You Will Learn
- Key terminology
- The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) and the local, state and federal power to regulate and enforce
- Bank and customer site inspection questionnaires
- Government records
- Environmental Site Assessments (Phase I, II and III)
- Transaction screening
- Other appropriate inquiries
- Interacting with Environmental Professionals
- Impact of environmental contamination on values and borrower cash flow
- Bank exposure as a lienholder on contaminated property
- Key components of effective environmental risk management programs
Who Should Attend?
Commercial real estate lenders and credit officers, commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan review specialists, special assets officers, lending managers and support personnel, compliance officers and auditors.