This webinar is designed for bankers seeking to gain an understanding of consolidation accounting and the preparation of a statement of cash flows. The discussion and examples will be specific to the activities of a financial institution.
What You’ll Learn
- Transactions between a bank and its holding company, to include how to properly prepare a set of consolidating schedules.
- Exhibits illustrating a sample consolidating schedule
- Distributing vs non-distributing transfers between the holding company and the bank subsidiary
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Exercises and examples on breaking out common bank activities into operating, investing and financing activities
- Basic reconciliation of cash flow activities
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for those who understand the basics of bank accounting and desire to have a deeper understanding of the accounting for more complex activities to include transactions with a holding company and the preparation of a statement of cash flows.