Many accounting professionals are unaware of Excel’s many features and functions they can implement to improve the accuracy and efficiency of their spreadsheets. In this comprehensive webinar, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares applicable Excel fundamentals that will enable accounting professionals to achieve those goals.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Avoiding creating spreadsheets from scratch: use prebuilt templates or create your own.
- Avoiding the need to write repetitive formulas using Excel’s Data Table feature.
- Comparing the AGGREGATE function in Excel 2010 and later to the SUBTOTAL function available in all versions of Excel.
- Eliminating the need to manually resize charts when data is added—automate this with tables instead.
- Employing the SUMIF function to sum values related to multiple instances of criteria you specify.
- Improving the integrity of pivot tables by utilizing the Table feature in Excel.
- Inserting totals into lists with a few mouse clicks by way of Excel’s SUBTOTAL function.
- Jump-starting spreadsheet projects using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Learning how the Table feature empowers you to improve the integrity of Excel spreadsheets.
- Learning what steps to take if you can’t open a damaged workbook.
- Leveraging Excel’s Quick Access Toolbar to create a shortcut that enables you to filter lists with a keystroke instead of multiple mouse actions.
Who Should Attend?
Professionals seeking to use Microsoft Excel more effectively.