Elder financial exploitation, the illegal or improper use of an older person’s funds, property, or assets, has emerged as one of the most significant frauds and the most common form of elder abuse in the United States. Elder abuse impacts all of us, both personally and professionally. This webinar will help you learn to monitor for reportable suspicious activity, recognize common scams targeting older adults, and identify red flags for possible exploitation. We will discuss the reasons for cognitive decline. Join us as the information will enhance your bank’s efforts to prevent, detect and respond to elder financial exploitation.
What You’ll Learn
- Explain why financial professionals are the “watchdogs” for exploitation
- Tips for recognizing signs of diminished capacity
- Identify red flags for elder financial exploitation
- SAR completion for elder exploitation
- Free materials available to promote customer awareness and to train your staff
- Community outreach opportunities and how to incorporate free publications
- Guidance on how privacy laws relate to reporting potential cases of abuse
- Financial caregivers – tools the bank can provide to help ease the burden for POAs, trustees, government fiduciaries, and court-appointed guardians
Who Should Attend
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, BSA officers, trainers, branch managers, branch staff, lenders, marketing, and bank management.