We explore current trends in total compensation for bank executives and key officers. We focus on the key elements that make up the total compensation package: base salaries, annual incentives, long-term incentives, benefits and perquisites. The session provides an educational overview of various compensation elements, focusing on current trends/best practices within community and regional banks. This presentation also focuses on performance-based compensation approaches that community and regional banks should consider to attract and retain quality officers. We examine the current compensation environment and discuss different performance-based incentive vehicles. We discuss the keys to effective and motivating cash incentive plans and will share what banks are using in respect to equity-based/longer-term incentives. This session incorporates applicable regulatory guidelines and updates surrounding incentive-based pay. Market data from our BCG surveys and databases will be incorporated throughout. As part of this webinar we will utilize a score sheet that shows how your Bank compares to banking industry best practices regarding executive total compensation.
- Example Compensation Philosophy
- Market data on CEO total compensation
- Annual Incentive Plan Design Best Practices
- Annual Incentive Plan Payout Levels by Asset Size
- How to avoid risk in annual incentive plans
- Prevalence data on annual incentives and equity grants
- Summary of different types of equity grants
- Summary of synthetic equity
- Example of equity vesting and performance-based grants
- Prevalence data on executive benefits and supplemental retirement plans
- Information on Employment and Change-in-Control Agreements
Who should attend
Board Members, Compensation Committee Members, CEO’s, senior management, and Human Resource Officers.