This program will cover the basics of how to craft an effective commercial loan write-up. The session will begin with a brief overview of loan write-ups or credit memorandums including types, styles, and necessary component parts (relationship information, financial analysis, management review, and risk assessment/mitigation). The financial analysis section will highlight liquidity, activity, leverage, operating performance, and cash flow analysis. Additionally, the Z-score bankruptcy predictor will be reviewed. The session will also cover additional important loan write-up items including assessing the company’s strategic plan- marketing, financing, and management. Finally, the risk assessment and mitigation section will be used to summarize the loan presentation. Three standard commercial loan write-ups will be presented in order to illustrate the concepts.
- Review effective commercial loan write-ups
- Discuss types, styles, and components parts
- Cover the financial analysis section
- Assess the company’s strategic plan and management’s strengths/weaknesses
- Analyze the risk assessment and mitigation section as a summary of the loan presentation
- Summarize the concepts by reviewing two loan write-ups
Target Audience: Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers