This 2-day workshop builds upon earlier training and experiences and applies advanced analytical tools in a case-driven environment, using reality-based examples: real businesses and real issues to evaluate. The instructor is a 25-year commercial lender and manager of credit analytic departments who will share tips, techniques, and lessons learned from real-life situations. Attendees will work on cases in teams, sharing ideas and different ways to underwrite.
Who Should Attend:
Graduates of the IBA Commercial Lending School, experienced commercial lenders and analysts, ag or consumer lenders looking to get into the commercial area or anyone in the bank looking to further their commercial lending education.
Time and Location:
The school will be held August 23-24 in the Training Center at the Iowa Bankers Association offices, 8901 Northpark Drive, Johnston, IA 50131. Class will begin at 8:30am and end at 4:30pm each day.
- Problematic business and personal tax return issues and subjective decisions that can impact global cash flow.
- How to analyze any cash flow statement (direct, indirect, UCA) in less than 5 minutes.
- Identify the often overlooked shareholder debt transactions in tax returns and effect on debt service.
- Learn new ways to interpret traditional ratios to determine what is driving the number.
- Quantify the dollar impact for both level of (projected) sales and business inefficiencies and estimate the amount of financing needed for same.
- How to differentiate the real loan purpose(s) if you have a loan request for “working capital.”
- Using problem solving cases to develop skills with Excel templates provided for free cash flow, working investment, and DuPont analysis.
- Using actual business borrower tendencies when cash flow shrinks, learn the monetary and non-monetary signals for early identification of potential problem loans.
- Get tips on how to improve written loan presentations.
- Learn how to apply CRE specific ratios with additional tools for underwriting and loan sizing, such as expense ratios, debt yield, and cap rate sensitivity.
- Walk through real life CRE underwriting cases featuring currently popular multifamily and self-storage developments
Advance Commercial Lending School registration and flyer coming soon!