UDAAP – It’s a concern of every bank on every street across the country. Join us as this comprehensive webinar will provide an overview of what constitutes an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice. We will discuss examiner-identified UDAAP violations and explain how to utilize agency-issued reports in testing for these issues within your organization.
This webinar will also discuss how to expand testing to identify potential discrimination in financial products and services. Traditionally, discrimination has been and still is a major fair lending concern, but certain discriminatory practices may violate the federal prohibition against unfair practices. Join us as we discuss how to test for UDAAP violations through the utilization of the UDAAP Examination manual and regulatory agency identified areas of concern. Reviewing and monitoring for unfair, deceptive or abusive acts or practices is essential across your institution’s products and services.
What You’ll Learn
- Develop a compliance program to monitor for potential UDAAP concerns, including discrimination
- Recognize how discrimination impacts deposit accounts, marketing, fees, product offerings and servicing activities
- Identify discriminatory acts or practices that materially increase the risk of consumers being treated in an unfair manner
- Provide examples of discriminatory practices to aid in training exercises
- Test new products and services for potential UDAAPs prior to rollout
- Recognize the importance of a complaint log as an identifier of potential UDAAPs
- Watch for agency-issued reports that share where UDAAP issues have been found
Who Should Attend
This informative session is designed for all individuals involved in the development, marketing, or monitoring of financial products and services offered by your institution, including staff in operations, deposit, marketing, training, compliance, auditing or risk management.