The energy sector is strong again and so is the market for oil and gas lenders.
This webinar will provide bankers with a thorough understanding of oil and gas lending, loan documentation, and due diligence. It is a must for any bank that has or is considering loaning against oil and gas loans in its portfolio.
What You’ll Learn
- Oil and gas terminology, markets, and lending structures
- Risk management, including loan policy, underwriting, and valuation
- Oil and gas loan documentation
- Credit agreement covenants, including production reporting-audit capability, maintenance of leases, maintenance of properties to industry standards, hedging, and gas imbalances
- Lender diligence on oil and gas leaseholds, operating and non-operating working interests, overriding royalty interests, and landowner or non-participating royalty interest
- Land title issues, including the engagement of landmen
- Conducting a site visit to the borrower’s land department
- Reviewing oil and gas leases, farmout agreements, joint operating agreements, purchase agreements, and other material contracts
- Environmental issues, including Phase 1 environmental assessments and hydraulic fracturing
- Other oil and gas financing structures, including volumetric production payments, master limited partnerships, bonds, private equity investment, and joint ventures
- Regulatory compliance and reserve reviews
- Agencies overseeing the oil and gas industry
- Laws affecting oil and gas lending
Who Should Attend
All bank personnel involved in oil and gas lending, loan documentation, and compliance will benefit from attending this program.