The webinar will begin with a review of the basics of how a commercial loan request “should be” processed in order to avoid a problem loan. This will include a brief review of proper business structure, the 6 elements of proper loan structure, and the 4 aspects of adequate loan support.
The webinar will then focus on what happens when a “good” loan turns into a “bad” loan i.e. the market has now turned down, tenants have left, and the payments are severely delinquent. What should the bank do and not do at this point in time? This section will address the legal rights of the bank and the practical steps that the bank should take in order to protect itself.
The practical steps will include the collection process, restructuring the loan, and/or proceeding against the borrower through repossession, foreclosure, filing a law suit to obtain a judgment, forcing the borrower into bankruptcy or simply “walking away.” This section will also include the outside influence from the banking regulators.
The webinar concepts will be summarized through a series of mini-case studies.
What You Will Learn
- Management of problem loans
- Process a commercial loan correctly including business structure, loan structure, and loan support
- Face the reality that some loans go bad!
- Determine the bank’s strategy in protecting itself-collections, restructuring the loan, repossession, foreclosure, filing a lawsuit to obtain a judgment, forcing the borrower into bankruptcy or walking away
- Assess outside influence by the banking regulators
- Apply the concepts through case studies
Who Should Attend
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers, assistant branch managers, private bankers, and business development officers.