We’ll discuss the current state of HMDA so close to submission in this session, and get some of your questions answered.
We’re now a few years into the new age of HMDA – increased coverage requirements, data collection, and submission, as well as risk. How are you doing with all this? The rules regarding reporting thresholds are in flux for small banks as a result of a recent federal court decision, so we’ll have to wait for the outcome there. But for 2022’s submission season, it’s the same as in years past. In this webinar, we’ll review all the pain points of HMDA, including actions taken and a variety of data points. We’ll also address a number of questions – What will examiners be looking at it? What are the fair lending issues and risks you need to be aware of after submission? We’ll discuss the current state of HMDA so close to submission in this session, and get some of your questions answered.
What You’ll Learn:
- Rules around thresholds and data elements, including legal challenges and what to do if you’re caught in the middle
- Private vs. public data
- Details of the coverage rules – who collects and submits information, and when
- What types of applications are reportable?
- The dwelling-secured loan standard – what does this impact?
- Effects in the commercial loan area
- How to handle HELOCs
- LAR fields, including common errors and pain points
- Categories of reporting, including information on the property, loan type, and loan features; plus identification information
- Reporting GMI
- Changes to the submission process
- Quarterly reporting for some institutions
- How the public obtains HMDA information changes
- Practical and compliance implications
Who Should Attend:
Loan officers, managers, processors, compliance and fair lending officers, auditors, counsel, and anyone else with HMDA-related responsibilities, including data collection, reporting, analysis, and disclosure.