During the last 15 years, monetary policy made deposits a sleepy, slow-moving sector in the industry. All that has changed with interest rates driven by the resurgence of inflation and competitive pressures. Now banking institutions’ biggest risk – and their biggest opportunity – may well lie in deposit competition. Institutions that master funding strategy and the corresponding product offering while excelling at depositor engagement can become the destination for money moving from asset classes such as stocks and crypto, and potentially away from other institutions, to safe banking products offering compelling options and returns.
Specific topics include:
• Understanding the magnitude of money that has accumulated in non-interest-bearing and low-rate deposits
• How technology has changed the optionality and pace of money movement
• Observations about the threats to conventional banking paradigms – given the expected level and potential volatility of interest rates
• What does mastery look like for funding strategy and the corresponding product offering suite
• How institutions become prepared for coherent, effective, and efficient negotiations as we leave behind the order-taker posture
Who should attend?
ALCO members, CEOs, CFOs, chief retail, chief risk officer, controllers, funding officers