Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs) are one of the areas financial institutions tend to struggle with the most. When performed as a compliance exercise (DFD’s are the top FFIEC CAT control that institutions aren’t completing), a DFD often looks like a Network Diagram and has little value.
But when we dive in and look at building a valuable DFD, you’ll find an answer to the question “where does my data go when it leaves my network, and how is that data being protected?”
This presentation will cover the following areas/topics:
- Regulatory Guidance on Data Flow Diagrams
- How do you get real value from a DFD?
- Starting with your Business Impact Analysis
- How to build a Data Flow Diagram that has value
- Using your BIA and DFDs to understand your risk
Target Audience: Information security officer, IT manager, risk officers