During this program, we will do a line-by-line review of the forms and the subsequent tax reporting to the IRS. This program will focus on what a US financial institution has to do from the tax reporting and documentation process to be prepared for FATCA. We will also look at the impact on 1042S reporting changes for nonresident aliens. Your job as a withholding agent has never been so important and the forms emphasize your importance in the tax reporting chain that affects this country and accounts for US persons overseas.
What You’ll Learn
- Exemption codes on the W-9 and FATCA exemption codes
- SSNs, ITINs and EINs who needs what
- IRS reporting on the 1099 Int and the 1042S
- What happens when name and TIN do not match?
- B notices and fines
- How does the IRS set up name control files?
- What is a nonresident alien? What if there is no country address?
- Documenting GIIN for foreign financial institutions
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for deposit operations, deposit compliance, new accounts, bookkeeping, IRS reporting specialist and any person who opens accounts or reports interest to the IRS